The warm weather (and humid, cue frizz ball hair) is the time for music! So I thought I’d share with you my current music picks. They go all across the board from slow to fun and upbeat so I’m sure there’s at least one song you’ll love as much as I!
1. ‘Florida Kilos’, ‘Shades of Cool’, & ‘West Coast’ by Lana Del Rey: If y’all didn’t know already, Lana has released her new album, ‘Ultraviolence” and I’m lovin’ it (not to sound like Mcdonald’s haha). Though I don’t like the whole album, I enjoy all these three songs! ‘Shades of Cool’ is has lovely instrumentals and beats, as it is quite slow but very enjoyable! Also ‘West Coast’ is on the slower side as well. ‘Florida Kilos’ however is fast and slow if that makes sense, and has a faster beat. Overall greatness out of these three songs!
2. ‘Summer’ by Calvin Harris: This song just screams Summer (even the name, c’mon) and its just fun to jam out to! It’s just fun when you want a song to listen to, to put you in the ‘summer’ mood. Cue me humming to this song ALL SUMMER LONG
3. ‘Turn Down For What’ by DJ Snake: If you’re into super fast, heavy beats then this is your song! It’s that kind of song that sticks in your head and just makes ya wanna dance! Hence, fabulous for summertime
4. “Live Your Life” by Rihanna & T.I: This is an oldie but a goodie, and again a great tune for summer (These all are!). It’s just a fun, energetic song that makes ya wanna sway!
5. ‘Chandelier’ by SIA: This song isn’t one you wanna dance to, but I just love it. There’s something utterly mesmerizing about it and I’m always repeating it over and over in my head. Also, the video is super creepy and lovely all at once. Even better, the dance in it is danced my Maddy from Dance Moms so go check it out! Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM
6. ‘Boom Clap’ by Charlie XCX: This song was actually in the hit movie ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ and I stumbled upon it on iTunes and really enjoyed it! I think it’s a great song when you want it to be more upbeat but not super energetic. It’s just really awesome!
Hope you enjoyed my top tunes for Summer, and come back in a couple days for my ‘June Favourites’ post!