Hey There Beauty Cuties!
It’s the end to the first month of 2014, wow! And with that, a January Favourites post was in order. Enjoy my favourites, including some jewelry trinkets, haircare goodies, music favs, & more!
As far as skincare goes, I have three favourites this month. First up, is my Free Clay Mask in Mint & Lemon. It comes out turquoise, and makes you look like a weirdo with face-paint on but nonetheless makes your skin super soft and pampered. The next item, is from the skincare brand “Formula 10.0.6”. I originally saw this brand at Ulta, but now it’s at my local Target. It’s a six dollar toner, and has been fabulous for diminishing my pores and tightening them. It also comes out orange, which I find super fun (as you can see, I like my skincare routine colorful!). Lastly, I have my travel size “Total Moisture” face cream from Benefit Cosmetics that I got in the January Topbox (Read that post here: https://thecutelittlebeautyblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/january-topbox-2013/). It smells amazing, like a light delicate perfume, but at the same time in no way overwhelming. Though it is quite thick (perfect for winter) my skin absorbs it quite easily. I gave one of the samples (I also got one in the Benefit Advent Calendar) to my mom, and she adores it!
Makeup wise, I have a whole ton of favourites. First up, is my Marcelle Lengthening & Curling mascara. It makes my lashes super long, clump-free and gorgeous. Also on my eyes I’ve been loving the trio from Wet n Wild in “Sweet As Candy”, particularly the eyelid shade, a frosty pink. It’s really nice to swipe over the eyes and give a gorgeous look without looking like you have pink-eye. It also would be a great buy if you’re enticed by the rosy-hues of Naked3 but no so much on the price. Lastly for the eyes, I have this golden cream shadow from Maybelline’s Color Tattoo Metal line. I actually got it for my birthday (read my birthday haul here: https://thecutelittlebeautyblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/24/what-i-got-for-my-birthday-2013-blogmas-day-24/). It’s superb for when you’re having a late morning and only have time for one eyeshadow, you just swipe it on and go (Plus, it really brightens your eyes!). When it comes to face, my three mini Benefit Cosmetics have been my besties. Hoola has been the perfect contour, and I’ve actually been using it on my neck also to give me a more warmed up look. Dandelion is a brightening light pink face powder, but being the pale person I am, it works spectacularly for a light barely-there blush. The POREfessional also has been great for smoothing and diminishing the looks of my pores. As for lips, my Mac Patesserie has been on my lips so much this month. It’s a lovely natural warm nude.
My shampoo and conditioner changes up constantly, so seeing a new duo this month is no surprise! This lovely John Frieda Frizz Ease set was sent to me by John Frieda Canada. I noticed a difference automatically, it’s been making my hair super soft, shiny, and has been keeping my curls up nicely. After the shower, my Herbal Essences Honey I’m Strong Strengthening Serum has been amazing! It comes out like a golden yellow, and I saturate the bottom of my locks and it’s been helping a whole lot!
I don’t wear a lot of jewelry, but I’ve been wearing these two so much this month! First is my long gold owl necklace, and it ties together every look, and is the perfect length! Lastly, I’ve been wearing the heck out of this rose gold bracelet from Target, which is a close dupe of the Baublebar bracelet.
- “Happy” by Pharrell: This song literally makes me feel like the name, happy! It’s such a fun, upbeat and happy song.
- “Tiptoe” by Imagine Dragons“: The beat of this song is great, and I feel really into the song while listening to it, out of Radioactive, Demons, & Tiptoe (which I all love!) Tiptoe is my favourite.
- “Alone Together” by Fallout Boy: This song like “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” has a really great beat, and is a really great song.
- “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic: I’m not going to babble on too much about this song, as most of you have probably heard it but it rocks and I love listening to it!
- “Sweater Weather” by The Neighbourhood: This is yet another popular song, but also still a favourite! The lyrics are super catchy, and it makes me feel so cozy.
- “Miss Jackson” by Panic! At the Disco: I’ve had this song since the summer, but recently have been listening to it a lot lately! It has a great variation of speeds, and is really interesting.
- “The Love Club” by Lorde: Lorde has been by favourite artist, and one of her songs is always my favourite, and “The Love Club” has been my recent fav! It has great instrumentals and I love how her voice echoes.
Instagram: http://instagram.com/thecutelittlebeautyblog or @thecutelittlebeautyblog
Disclaimer: The Marcelle mascara was sent to me as was the John Frieda Shampoo & Conditioner, but nonetheless I was 100% honest in this post about all the products. x