Hey There Beauty Cuties!
Today is the second post for the #2014BloggerChallenge (You can see my first one here https://thecutelittlebeautyblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/02/2014bloggerchallenge-topic-1-new-years-inspiration/) . Today’s topic is “Skincare” so like the title says, I’m going to share with you my current favourite skincare products/tools and some skincare tips, or what I like to call “Pearls of Wisdom” haha 😉 Anyways, let’s begin!
Also- I am collaborating with the Home Shopping Network (http://community.hsn.com/) to bring you the last part of this post! I am in no way hiding that fact as honesty is very important to me. The lovely Lara from HSN is just going to share some of her skincare tips! It’s awesome because you get my favourites and tips, and then hers. It’s a win-win, so enjoy!
- Olay Fresh Effects Moisturizer: I’ve used this moisturizer for so long, I actually completely used it up! It’s super lightweight and silky, and absorbs easily into the skin. You can get it for around 10$ at most Department stores.
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer: This is a new moisturizer in my collection, but I’ve been using it like crazy! It’s infused with cucumber, and therefore is very cooling to the skin. It also smells fantastic, thanks to the mango extracts (and some fake scents of course). It also is a gel-moisturizer so if glides very easily, and is vey moisture packed. It’s around 7$.
- Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream: Another new addition to the collection, this moisturizer I received in my Benefit Advent Calendar. First off, it smells like perfume (Like a really classic, not musky, not floral, just right) and is quite thick, thus making it a fabulous nighttime moisturizer. Though mine is travel sized, the full size can be purchased at Sephora and Ulta alike.
- Marcelle BB Skin Enhancing Cleanser: This cleanser appeals to all those lazy people (Including me!). It is basically genius, it needs absolutely no water. All you do is slather it onto your face like a moisturizer, and then wipe the excess with a cotton round! It’s great for those nights you can wait to go to bed and don’t wanna waste anytime with skincare.
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Brightening Facial Cleanser: This has been my daily cleanser, and I adore it. It smells amazing and it makes my skin super soft! And it’s only 6$.
- Clean & Clear Persa Gel 5: This stuff is magic. It’s 5% benzoyl peroxide (hence the “5” in the name) and it’s amazing at diminishing my pimples and bumps alike. The 5% Persa Gel is only available in Canada but Persa Gel 10 is available in the US.
- Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Toner: I got this early September at Ulta, and have been using it since. I use it after my cleansing and prior to my moisturizer. It’s orange (but it doesn’t show on your face) and I use a cotton round and apply it all over my face. After using it a lot of my bumps on my face have gone away. And it’s only 6$ at Target and Ulta! It’s also available in the Target Canada’s also.
- Marcelle Soothing Cleanser Water: I love cleanser waters, I wish they’d catch on in North America (companies, take note!). They cleanse, and remove makeup. This one from Marcelle rocks, and removes my makeup like a pro. It’s a great dupe for trusty ol’ Bioderma. I definitely recommend it!
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads: I found these in a pack of seven at Winners, and have fell in love! They are a cotton round shape, but thin and wet and when rubbed over the face seem to magically exfoliate the bumps of your skin! They can be purchased at the lovely ol’ Sephora.
- Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Whipped Body Cream: I decided to add a few body skincare things in, so alas we have my favourite body lotion. This little dude comes in a whip-cream like container, and a whip-cream nozzle. You squirt it onto your hand (and it comes out like whip cream!) and slather it onto your body. It’s soooo amazing. And smells like frosting.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Hand Cream: I got this as a little treat for myself when I was Christmas shopping (It was free with my other purchases!) at The Body Shop and have been using it since. It smells like flowers mixed with vanilla and it really good at giving my hands moisture but not making them greasy and slippery. It’s very compact and awesome to travel with!
- Nivea Caramel Cream Kiss Lip Butter: I’ve been loving this lip balm, it’s only 3$ and it’s spectacular. It smells so yummy, and it gives so much moisture to my lips. I love it!
Skincare “Pearls of Wisdom” (aka Tips):
- Always Upwards: When applying moisturizer especially but this includes cleansers and serums also, apply them upwards. This helps to lift the skin up instead of dragging it down. No, it won’t give you a face lift but it will prevent the sagging that could occur if you applied it downwards
- Cleanse once a day: Yes, you can actually be lazy with this! Instead of cleansing twice a day, stick to once a day. Washing your face too much actually makes your face produce even more oil thus throwing off your skin and making it an oil bucket.
- Use your ring finger: Your ring finger has the lightest touch, making it perfect to pat in eye cream around the delicate areas of your eye.
- Keep it on for 10 seconds: Removing your makeup quickly may seem like it saved you time, but you probably didn’t remove all your makeup. Instead, with your makeup wipe/cotton round with makeup remover, hold it on each eye for 10 seconds. This allows the makeup remover to saturate and dissolve the makeup completely.
- Don’t use masks on irritated skin: It may seem like a good idea to soothe your skin with a mask when it’s acting out (Skin loves to be a rebel) but that can irritate it even more. Instead, just let it work it out itself (Rebel skin is nice that way….sometimes) or apply some moisturizer, but that’s it.
Skincare Tips by Lara Ramos of HSN:
It’s no secret that skincare should change with the seasons, but it can be tough to know what’s best when the weather turns wicked. Here are a few simple things that you can do to keep your skin healthy all winter long so that it’s fresh and glowing come spring:
1. Buff away dry winter skin
Buff away your dry winter skin and reveal a glowing complexion with a luxe body scrub. I look for a combination of sloughers (exfoliating granules) and softeners (natural oils) to leave my skin soft and hydrated. Something like AHAVA’s Softening Butter Salt Scrub($25) is the perfect solution. Or, do it the DIY (do it yourself) way and mix some honey and sugar together for a quick scrub!
2. Seal in moisture
Once out of the shower, seal in moisture from head to toe with a body butter. On my face, I like to amp up the hydration with the addition of glycerin and hyaluronic acid, while I opt for something lightweight and easy to apply from the neck down.
3. Ease up on cleanser
Colder weather means that it’s time to lighten up your cleanser, because over cleansing can strip and irritate skin. I love Trish McEvoy’s Gentle Cleansing Wash because it’s creamy and soap-free. It’s safe enough to be used on my eye area and easily rids my face of the day’s makeup, without scrubbing.
4. Use non-drying products
If you use a facial serum or toner, make sure that it’s extra gentle and nondrying. Skin tends to lose moisture in the winter, which can result in rebound oil production and more breakouts than usual.
5. Double down on hydration
If you find your skin to be extra dry, invest in a hydrating facial mask that doesn’t need to be washed off and can be worn overnight.
6. Protect your hands and nails
Probably the most exposed to the elements, your hands and nails need extra protection this time of year. When it comes to a hand cream, the richer the better and a sweet scent doesn’t hurt. Perlier’s White Almond Hand Cream ($15), which sinks right in and soothes on contact.
I hope these tips are helpful in transitioning your skin through the bitter cold. If you’ve got additional tricks or products that are saving your skin this winter, please leave them in the comments below!
Thanks everyone for reading the 2nd post in the #2014BloggerChallenge and come back for the third!
Instagram: http://instagram.com/thecutelittlebeautyblog or @thecutelittlebeautyblog
Disclaimer: I collaborated with the Home Shopping Network (HSN) for the skincare tips given by the lovely Lara. Everything else was me. In no way, shape, or form was I dishonest in my writing, as always! xxxxx
Comment the word “Frazzle” it’ll be our little secret 😉